Summary: It’s hot, it’s humid and it’s mango season. This recipe was incredibly refreshing on a day like today, and even though it takes a bit of planning, it’s a treat well-worth it.
- 2 cups of frozen mangoes
- 1/2 cup of natural fruit juice or coconut water
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of honey
If you’re starting from the very beginning…
- Chop your fresh, ripe mangos into bite size pieces, removing skins.
- Place the pieces on a flat surface like a tray or glass dish and allow them to freeze for 3-5 hours.
- Now you can store the frozen pieces in a resealable container for easy use later! (best done in big batches! It can keep for up to 10 months.)
Making the sorbet…
- Pour the water and honey into a sauce pan over low heat and stir the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place 2 cups of frozen mango pieces and your juice into the food processor and puree.
- Once the mango is blended, add the simple syrup and stir.
- Pour the mango blend onto a tray with baking parchment on it and smooth into a thin layer.
- Place the tray into the freezer until the mango puree is solid.
- Break the think layer into chunks and blend it again.
Toppings to try:
Fresh fruit, mini dark chocolate chips or shavings, julienned mint leaves or cayenne pepper for a bit of a kick. Comment below with more ideas!